Before using this website, you must read our disclaimer here.
CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF FALSE HOOD AND THEFT
1. Poor Educations of Youths: Young people who do not have access to education have the high tendency of engaging in crimes. Also, those who drop out of school due to government policy, family problems are likely to become criminals.
2.Bad Education Policy: An education system that is certificate oriented will always produce graduates always looking for jobs. Unemployed youths may likely devise illegal means of making money which may involve engaging in criminal activities such as 419 or smuggling.
3. Poor Parenting: Children from broken homes may not have enough informal training that can help them overcome some adolescent problems. If this is the case, such youths may likely turn to be criminals though intelligent and promising. Their intelligence would be used negatively to achieve their aims.
4. Weak Judicial System: Non-enforcement of laws and delayed punishment may encourage more youths to commit crimes. If those caught in robbery, rape and examination malpractices are promptly dealt with by the law, it will serve as deterrent for other youths.
5. Poverty: Some youths go into crime because they came from poor homes. In an effort to improve their family finances, they tend to engage in nefarious activities.
EFFECTS OF FALSEHOOD AND THEFT
1. Fear of Insecurity: As crime rate goes up in the society, the citizens tend to be more fearful thereby not being able to carry out normal economic activities in crime-prone areas or periods.
2.Causes Inconvenience: A lot of inconvenience is created for the victim due to loss or damage to vehicles,doors, phones, laptops, wallets, ATM cards, Identify cards,e.t.c.
3. Psychological Trauma: A lot of Psychological trauma usually follow crime victims. It takes some time before such victims get over it. It, a times, causes anxiety, disordering, fear, major depression, thoughts of suicide, e.t.c.
4. Worry and Loss of Sleep: Those who have been duped through 419, or attacked in their houses by armed robbers or kidnappers express worry and sleeplessness many days after the incident.
5. Ruins Victims Business or Career: Many victims of 419 have found it difficult to recover from the loss. Some have lost their entire fortune to internet fraudsters and swindlers which has ruined their businesses and reduced them to beggars.
1. Mention and explain five causes and effects of Falsehood and Theft
General Evaluation / Revision Question
1. What is Citizenship.
2.What is Value System.
3. List and explain four effect of falsehood andtheft .
4. Mention five causes of false hood and theft
Fundamentals of Civic Education forBasic 7 (JSS 1) by Sola Akinyemi.Pg 45, 158-161
1. A Nigerian Citizen____________ [A].Enjoys all rights privileges in Nigeria [B].Enjoys only rights in Nigeria [C]. Enjoys privileges in Nigeria
2. The Constitution responsibilities of a citizen are the same as A Right of a Citizen [B]. Citizens work in the Society [C].Duties [D]. Constitution Expectations
3.Which of these is not a citizen’s right in Nigeria? [A]. Right to Life [B]. Right to Fair Hearing [C].Right to Cheat Others [D]. Right to Vote
4. If a foreigner decide to become a citizen of a country he has stayed over a long period of time. This is Citizenship acquired by? [A]. Nationalization [B].Nationalism [C].Naturalization [D]. Internalization
5. Which of these used to an honorary Citizen an of Nigeria [A].ObafemiAwolowo[B]. Barrack Obama [C].DrinelsonMandela [D].Mrs Clinton.
1. Explain the term Citizenship
2. Mention four types of Citizenship
3. List and explain four causes of Falsehood and Theft