According to the GreySpark Partners ICO report that covers 1,900 ICOs, over 890 of the ICOs failed to raise any money. As a result, by July 2019 more than 800 cryptocurrencies were dead. With more than 50 per cent of all initial coin offerings (ICOs) that started in 2017 and 2018 failed to raise a single dollar.
What once looked like a valid alternative to Initial Public Offering (IPO) failed miserably. Some of the major challenges this form of crowdfunding struggled with are:
• the possibility of scams
• disappointing product developments
• lack of interest and necessary traction
• challenges in execution
• no existence or decline of a suitable market
• poor marketing or go-to-market strategy
With the traditional institutions warming up to crypto industry, the methods of crowdfunding are evolving. Many of the budding crypto projects are opting for a crypto launchpad to raise capital because of following advantages:
• Crypto launchpad act as a vetting process for new projects. Thus, they protect investors interest.
• They lower the barrier to entry for investors as the launchpads provide token purchasing privileged to investors at a reduced price before tokens hit the market.
• Crypto launchpads provide a way to raise capital for new projects.
• Safer platform than ICOs.
• Communities convolute and create a network effect for better community building.
Source of article above is from the embedded video below. Please watch: