Period I: Meaning and Types of Rights and Duties of Citizen
Rights are privileges given to citizens who are protected by the constitution of a country. These rights include:
1.right to life
2. right to dignity of human Person
3. right, to vote and be voted for in any political election.
4. right to fair hearing.
5. right to freedom of movement.
6. right to personal liberty.
7. right to peaceful assembly and association.
8. right to ownership of property and protection from deprivation property.
9. right to freedom of expression and press
10. right to freedom from unlawful detention, arrest and tortue
DUTIES AND OBLIGATION OF A CITIZEN
Duties are the constitutional responsibilities a citizen is expected to perform for effective functioning of a country.
The duties and obligation of a citizen to his country are:
1. obeying the law
2.paying taxes, rates and dues
3. assisting the law enforcement agents.
4. loyalty to the country
5. defence of the country
6. respect national- symbols e.g national Flag, national Anthem etc.
7. respect for the Head of State.
8. helping in community development efforts.
9. non- interference with others’ rights.
10. right attitude to work
Mention ten duties of a Citizen