New School physics pag 458-463
- Why is water not used as a thermometric substance.
- Differentiate between evaporation and boiling.
- A voltage supply of 12V r.m.s anf frequency of 90Hz is connected to a 4Ω resistor. Calculate the
peak value of the current . (a) 48.8A (b) 30.0A (c) 27.5A (d)4.2A
- A 2µF capacitor is in series with a resistor of 5000Ω. A voltage of 5V r.m.s and frequency, I= 100Hzis connected to them. What is the capacitive reactance?
- 795.5Ω (b) 895.5 Ω (c)1795Ω (d) 2005.0Ω
3. At what frequency will 20uf capacitor have a reactance of 500 ohms?
(a) 100Hz (b) 50Hz (c) 150Hz (d) 100π Hz (e) 30Hz
π π π π π
4. In an RLC series a,c circuit power is dissipated in (a) Resistance only (b) Reactance only (c) Resistance and reactance (d) Resistance, inductance and capacitance
5. In a series L-C circuit, the inductance and the capacitance are 0.5H and 20µF respectively. Calculate the resonance frequency of the circuit (a) 24.2Hz (b) 36.7Hz (c) 50.3Hz (d) 60.5Hz
- Explain what is meant by the terms impedance, phase angle and reactance as applied to an a.c. circuit. Calculate the impedance and phase angle for an a.c. circuit having a 100ohms resistance, 5uf capacitor in series if an a.c voltage of frequency 100Hz is applied across the circuit.
- Draw a vector diagram of the relationship of I and V for an a.c. circuit containing
(a) a pure inductor (b) a pure capacitor (c ) a pure resistor