A solid in geometry is a shape with length, width, and height. It is not a flat shape. Some of the common solids are cuboid, cube, cylinder, cone, square based pyramids, sphere etc.
Below are sketches of common solids listed above.
- Calculate the total surface area of a solid hemisphere of radius 7.7cm. (Take π = 22/7)
- Calculate the volume and surface area of a hemisphere of diameter 9cm.
- A hemisphere bowl has an external radius 0f 18cm and is made of wood 3cm thick. Calculate the volume of wood in the bowl.
- A measuring cylinder of radius 3cm contains water to a height of 49cm.If this water is poured into similar cylinder of radius 7cm, what will be the height of the water column
- From a cylindrical object of diameter 70cm and height 84cm, a right solid cone having its base as one of the circular ends of the cylinder and height 84cm is removed. Calculate
- the volume of the remaining solid object expressing your answer in the form of a x 10n
- the surface area of the remaining solid object.
New General Mathematics, chapter 3, pages 16 -19.
- What is the surface area of a sphere, radius 1cm to 3s.f.?
- Find the volume of a hemisphere of diameter 4cm (a) 16.8cm2(b) 16.8cm3 (c ) 15.8cm3 (d) 15.8cm2
- The volume of a sphere is 4190cm3. What is its radius? (a) 15cm (b)14cm (c) 12cm (d) 10cm.
- What is the diameter of a sphere of surface area 804cm2? (a) 18cm (b) 17cm (c) 19cm (d) 16cm
- What is the volume of a hemisphere of diameter 9cm?(a) 190cm3(b) 191cm3(c ) 192cm3 (d) 193cm3
- A sphere has a volume of 1000cm3(a) Calculate its radius correct to 3.s.f.
(b) Find the surface area of the sphere. A hemisphere bowl has an external radius of 24cm and is made of wood 3cm thick calculate the volume of wood in the bowl.
For advert placement/partnership, write firstname.lastname@example.org