Before using this website, you must read our disclaimer here.
The Accounts of the Resurrection: (Matthew 28:1-8; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-11)
Resurrection is to bring to life someone who has been confirmed dead. Resurrection can be attained only by the power of Almighty God. it has brought the hope of eternal life, which are: the daughter of Jairus, the son of the widow of Nain and Lazarus.
Jesus Christ himself died, buried and three days after he was raised back to like. In the resurrection account of Jesus, women played a vital role. It was Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome and other women that were first at the grave of Jesus with spices in their hands to anoint his body without the knowledge that he had resurrected. All the three synoptic gospels, Mathew, Mark and Luke gave the account of the resurrection of Jesus that he was buried and that in the early morning of the day he resurrected, Mary Magdalene and the other women were at his grave where they saw an angel who announced to them that Jesus Christ had resurrected and asked them to go band tell his disciples that he has risen a he had said. He also told them that Jesus had gone before them to Galilee where they would see him. There are little differences in the resurrection account given by all the three synoptic Gospels. Mathew reported that the women, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the grave of Jesus without announcing what they were there to do. But both Mark and Luke reported that the women were at the grave side of Jesus with spices to anoint his body. It is only Mathew that talked about the guards that were hired to watch the body of Jesus that they were frightened and became ad dead men. Luke added that apart from Mary Magdalene, Joana, and Mary the mother of James, there were other women with them. Only Luke said it was two Angels that the women saw by the grave side of Jesus. Who proclaimed “why seek you the living among the dead” which others did not record.
Significance of Resurrection to the Christian Faith
Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, death and its power have been conquered. Jesus had been victorious over death for the children of God. Thus, when a Christian dies, there is hope of eternal life in the kingdom of God.
- Concerning Christians, the grip of the fear of death is loosened because they know they will one day resurrect.
- Jesus’ resurrection from the dead has confirmed that the faith of Christians is genuine.
- The resurrection of Jesus has brought new life to those who believe and accept him.
- Through the resurrection of Jesus, God clearly showed the world that Jesus Christ is indeed His only begotten Son. He was the first to rise from the dead.
- Define resurrection and narrate briefly the resurrection story of Jesus.
- What is the significance of Resurrection to the Christian Faith?