Internet abuse refers to improper use of the internet and may include:
- Computer Crime – or cybercrime, is any crime that involves a computer and a network. Use of computers for criminal activity.
- Cyber-bullying – Use of the internet to bully and intimidate. The use of information technology to repeatedly harm or harass other people in a deliberate manner.
- Spam (electronic) – Is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited messages (spam), especially advertising, as well as sending messages repeatedly on the same site. Sending of unwanted advertising messages.
- Malware – Software designed to harm a user’s computer, including computer viruses. Malware, short for malicious software, is any software used to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. Malware is defined by its malicious intent, acting against the requirements of the computer user, and does not include software that causes unintentional harm due to some deficiency.
- Other ways of Abuse include:
- You can get harassing/threatening messages from people or from stalkers.
- It is very easy to find sites that promote hatred, violence, drug, sex, and other things not appropriate for children.
- There is no restriction on marketing products, such as alcohol, tobacco to children on the internet.
- Request for personal information for contests, survey e.t.c are used in unauthorized way.
- Pornographic sites are easily found on the internet instead of it being restricted.
Get paid for every topic you create in: Shoutam.com Forum!