The benefits of the internet are as follows:
- INFORMATION: The internet gives you access to information on any subjects of your interest. This makes the internet a valuable research tool. Most sources such as news paper and magazines have websites and a number of them only exist online.
- RESEARCH: You can make use of the internet search facilities to research just about any topic you can think of. This information can help you with a school project, or a presentation at work. You can search for the data you need, or go to specific research sites.
- E-MAIL (electronic mail): Electronic mails enable us to exchange message with people around the world, including friends, family members, colleagues, customers and even people you meet on the internet. E-mail is an exciting feature of the internet as we can send and receive message over long distances. It is also fast, easy and inexpensive.
- ENTERTAINMENT: The internet offer many different forms of entertainment, such as radio and television broadcast, video and music. You can find picture from the latest film, watch live interview of your favorite celebrities and listen to music before it is available in stores.
- PROGRAM: You can find thousands of programs that can be used on your computer, such as word processors, drawing programs, games and accounting programs.
- ONLINE SHOPPING: You can order for products on the internet, while sitting at home. You can purchase items such as books, flowers, music, CDs, pizzas, stock and used cars.
- CHATTING: Chat features allow you to exchange typed message with another person on the internet. The message you send will instantly appear on the other person’s computer. You can chat with a person or a group at the same time.
- BANKING: You can use the internet to find financial sites that enables you to do your banking and investing online. Banking online is much more convenient and much less time consuming than doing it in person. Online banking is extremely secure because all modern browsers support robust security protocol which ensures that your financial data remains safe.
- E-LEARNING: E-learning is a training or education program by electronic means. E-learning involves the use of computer or an electronic device (GSM handset) to provide training on educational technology as a tool for learning . Distant education can be done by e-learning.
As a student, what are the benefits of the internet to you?
Get paid for every topic you create in: Shoutam.com Forum!