- Examples of clerical staff
- Job qualities of a clerical staff
A clerical staff is someone who keeps record of account or sales in an office .Generally , a clerical staff is assigned to do written work.
Examples of a clerical staff are
- Accounts clerk
- Sales clerk, etc
QUALITIES OF A CLERICAL STAFF
- Must possess a sound minimum education of West African Senior School Certificate or its equivalent
- Must have the ability to speak official language fluently
- Must be endowed with good health
- Must be willing to improve on his education
- Must have the ability to respond to enquiries with alertness of mind, precision and interest.
- Must have an ambition to take to a profession.
- Must like clerical duties such as recording and filling.
- Must be cheerful and courteous when attending to callers
- Must possess the ability to take correct decisions without being directed.
- Must be neat and smartly dressed always.
- Who is clerical staff?
- Give two example of clerical staff
Business Studies for Junior Secondary School Book One revised edition by O.A Lawal, J.E Yaro, F.O.C. Ezeah Page 3 – 4
- Someone who is employed to keep record of account in an office is called (a) clerical staff (b) account officer (c) sales officer
- The minimum qualification for the post of a clerk in an office is called (a) SSCE (b) OND (c) ATS
- A good clerical staff must possess the following quality except (a) must be neat (b) must be willing to improve on his education (c) must be arrogant
- The basic functions of an office are the following except (a) receiving information (b) giving information (c) scattering information
- Trade by barter means (a) exchanging goods for goods and services (b) buying goods and services (c) selling goods and services
- What is meant by clerical staff?
- Mention five qualities of a good clerical staff
REVISION EVALUATION QUESTION