Better health can be achieved basically by controlling disease-causing micro-organisms and their animal vectors and also by improving health facilities.
Micro-organisms can be controlled in the following ways:
- Use of High Temperature:This involves sterilization by boiling, autoclaving or heating of food and other products to kill disease causing organisms.
- Preserving Food by Salting:This is the application of salt in food to kill micro- organisms or render them inactive
- Uses of Drugs/Antibiotics:Many diseases can be controlled through the use of drugs and antibiotics in order to kill the causative micro- organisms. Fansid is used to kill malaria.
- Immunization or Rascination:Immunization is the process by which a healthy person is inoculated with a preparation of a mild form of the pathogen.
- Sterilization by Boiling:Sterilization by boiling is done to kill disease-causing micro-organisms (pathogens) on the objects.
- Use of Antiseptics:These are chemicals that can kill or inhabit the growth of pathogenic micro-organisms. They are used on cuts, abrasions and wounds on the skin to prevent infection by micro-organisms. Examples of antiseptics are; hydrogen peroxide, Dettol, chlorine water etc.
- Proper Covering of Food Always:Food should be covered always to prevent contact with vectors of diseases.
- Quarantine Service:Quarantine service or isolation of infected person or animal for evidence of a disease before he/she or it mixes with general population.
- Promoting Health Education:This is making people aware and conscious of ways micro-organisms are transmitted and how to prevent them.
- Personal Hygiene:This includes washing of hand before eating and after eating, after defecating, before preparation of food etc. these practices can help check the spread of pathogenic micro-organisms.
- Use of Disinfectants:Disinfectants like izal, Lysol etc. may lead to prevent infections.
- Destruction of Vectors:Vectors such as mosquitoes, black flies etc. can be destroyed to prevent the spread of diseases they cause.
- Use of ultra-violet radiation to kill bacteria.
We are interested in promoting FREE learning. Tell your friends about Stoplearn.com. Click the share button below!Download our free Android Mobile application: Save your data when you use our free app. Click to Download StopLearn app.Download free editable Resume/CV templates: Click here. Ask your question: Expert tutors will personally reply you usually within 24 hours.