Mosaic is a type of inlaid design composed of stones, metals, glass, beads etc generally used for decoration. Mosaic is one of the most durable forms of decorative art of embellishing or decorating a surface such as floor or wall. Mosaics have a rough texture.
Materials and Tools in Making Mosaic
Materials and tools for making mosaic include beads, stones, pebbles, glasses, broken bottles, dress buttons, glue, gum, paint brush, knife, pair of scissors, ruler, plywood, hardwood and strawboard.
The Production of Mosaic Work
In producing a mosaic work, the following steps should be followed:
Step 1: Find different mosaic objects.
Step 2: Sketch or draw the desired image on a flat surface.
Step 3: Cut or break the materials sourced in step 1 into pieces for usage.
Step 4: Apply strong glue or gum to the surface.
Step 5: Arrange the materials on your drawing according to plan. Continue this process until the desired image or form is obtained.
Uses of Mosaic
Mosaics are used for the following:
- Mosaics are used in producing wall decorations.
- Mosaic replaces the use of colours in painting picture.
- It is a method of creating forms such as a mask.
- It is less expensive since most of the materials can be found readily.
- It encourages patience and endurance in students.
- It creates a beautiful effect when viewed from a distance.
- State five reasons why mosaic decoration is important in art.
- Explain the meaning of mosaic.
- State five (5) materials and tools for mosaic.
- what are the steps to be taken in producing a mosaic design?
Get paid for every topic you create in: Shoutam.com Forum!