Non-communicable diseases are disease are disease that cannot be transmitted from one person to another. They have many causes but never caused by germs, bacteria, or other living organisms that attack the body.
They are caused by
- By atomic fall-out
- By chemical fall-out
Common Non-communicable Diseases
|Rheumatism, heart attack, stroke, cancer, migraines, cataract||Physiological failure of the tissues|
|Snake bite, cough from smoke, stomach ulcer, alcoholism, allergies, asthma||Chemical or atomic fall-outs|
|Marasmus, pellagra, anaemia, goiter, kwashiorkor, cirrhosis||Malnutrition, dietary imbalance|
|Hare lip, crossed eye, epilepsy, retarded brain, birth mark, other deformities||Congenital problem or heredity|
|Paranoia, anxiety, neurosis, schizophrenia, phobias, psychosis, hypochondria||Brain damage or emotional disturbance|
Non-communicable diseases also known as chronic diseases tend to be of long duration and are the result of a combination of genetic, physiological, environmental and behaviours factors.
The main types of communicable diseases are cardiovascular diseases (like heart attack and stroke), cancers, chronic respiratory diseases (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and diabetes.
Prevention of Non-communicable Disease
- Focus on reducing the risk factor associated with these diseases. Monitoring progress and trends of non-communicable diseases and their risk is important for guiding policies and priorities.
- To lessen the impact of non-communicable diseases and society, a comprehensive approach is needed requiring all sectors, including health, finance, etc.
- Management of non-communicable disease, which includes detecting, screening and treating these diseases and provide care for people in need, and this can be achieved through primary health care facilities.
- The government should provide health insurance to manage these diseases, it is essential for achieving a global target, and the prevention of the risk of mortality.
- Exercise every day, physical activities removes disease causing toxins through sweats. It also prevent cardiovascular disease, respiratory problems and reduces the risk of cancer and diabetes. It is recommended to perform at least 30 minutes of the exercise.
- Eat food high in lecithin is a potent substance that regulates cell nutrients. It also helps you
Maintain an ideal body weight and help prevent your body from accumulating unnecessary fat
- Consume food in high anti-oxidants. The active ingredient in high antioxidant are called flavournoids
- Train the brain. Playing video games and solving cross word puzzles everyday can help exercise the brain and prevent memory loss and deterioration
- Do yoga everyday yoga strengthens the mind and body. It prevents life style diseases, especially cardiovascular and respiratory illness.
Get paid for every topic you create in: Shoutam.com Forum!