Political parties are organised group of people with common beliefs, ideology and interest with the aim of contesting and winning elections. They assume the political power of a state through the following means:
How political parties compete with power
- The parties must have clear programs of what they would do if elected into office. This is called the party manifesto.
- Mobilization of members to work for the parties. This influences colleagues, neighbours and friends to vote for and support the party.
- Voters educations: the parties educate electorate before the election on how to vote, their party logo, motto and slogan.
- Selection of edible candidates: through primary elections, the party select a worthy candidate to vie for the political post during election
- Campaign: this is carried out in all the areas that elections will hold. It involves present the candidates and the party manifesto the electorate.
Explain five functions of political party
Ad: Get a FREE Bible: Find true peace. Click here to learn how you can get a FREE Bible.
For advert placement/partnership, write [email protected]