Meaning and characteristics of a home, Differences between a home and a house.
A home is a house where the family lives and share life experiences.
Characteristics of a home
- It is well secured.
- It is well located.
- It has basic convenience like toilets, bathrooms, kitchen, and recreational facilities.
- It is well-ventilated.
- It should provide comfort and relaxation for the family members.
- It is inviting.
- It has functional areas like sitting, dining room, bedrooms etc.
A house is just a building. It includes different types of shelter in which people can live. A house that offers opportunities to meet the needs of a family becomes a home.
Difference between a home and a house
- People always live in a home. People may not live in a house.
- A home serves only as a dwelling place. A house can be used for other purposes.
- A home has functional areas. A house may not have functional areas e.g. ware houses.
- A home provides comfort and relaxation. A house may not provide comfort and relaxation depending on use.
- A home should well-ventilated. Ventilation may not be considered in the structure.
- Differentiate between a home and a house.
- Mention 5 characteristics of a home.
Get paid for every topic you create in: Shoutam.com Forum!