Content: (a) Exercises To Develop Strength Endurance And Flexibility.
(b) Precautions While Performing Exercises
EXERCISE TO DEVELOP STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, AND FLEXIBILITY.
- Strength development:
- Pull up, Press up, Knee bend sit up, Weight training.
- Endurance development:
Circuit training.(running on the spot— squat thrust—- press up—– Harvard step up—— tread mill—— windmill———– squat jump——- sit up )
- Flexibility development:
Windmill, duck walk, hurdle stretch.
Bending from the trunk
- Bending the neck sideways
- Bending forward and backward
- Trunck flexion standing
- Trunk extension
PRECAUTIONS WHILE PERFORMING EXERCISES
One must know his limitation
Person must not force himself to perform activity he cannot perform
There must be general warm up before performing activities.
- Students should be allowed to practice for sometime before testing.
- Target should be set on each activity
- Activity must be appropriate to the age and weight of the student
- Activity must be stop when fatigue set in
- List 3 activities to develop endurance
- mention 4 activities that develop flexibility