SECOND TERM: E-LEARNING NOTES
JS 1 (BASIC 7)
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
SCHEME OF WORK
- Revision of last term’s work’
- Accidents in the Home and in the School: (a) Needs for safety. (b) Safety measures in the home, school and workplace.
- Traffic Rules and Regulations: (a) Meaning of road signs and traffic lights. (b) Accidents and causes of road accidents. (c) Consequences of disobeying traffic rules.
- Socialization: (a) Meaning of socialization. (b) Significance of socialization.
- Socialization: © Processes of socialization e.g. education, apprenticeship, initiation, etc.
- Socialization: (d) Agents of socialization. E.g. family, school, religious organizations, the press, age grade, peer group, clubs and societies.
- Culture – Meaning, Components and Features of culture: (a) Meaning of culture. (b) Components of culture. (b) Components of culture – Material and non-material culture.
- Culture: © Feature of culture – Language, food and dressing, religion, technology/craft, etc.
- Culture: (d) Characteristics of culture. (e) Cultural similarities in Nigeria. (f) Cultural differences in Nigeria.