Before using this website, you must read our disclaimer here.
Chemically a molecule of water is composed of two hydrogen atom and one oxygen atom held together by covalent bounds. Water is precious to man’s existence as it is needed in agriculture, sports, industry domestic affair. Water may be hard or soft. Hard water is not good economically as more soap is needed to form lather. When water is free from minerals salt such as water is called soft water as it dissolves soap quickly.
SOURCES OF WATER SUPPLY
The two major sources of water to man are:
- Surface water supplies
- Ground water supplies
Surface water supply are abundant easy accessible. They are however prone to pollution from human transport, industrial, agricultural and domestic waste.
Source of surface water supply includes the following:
- Rain water
- River water
- Lakes, ponds and streams
Source of ground water supply includes the following:
1.. Shallow well
2. Deep well.
Sub Topic: Qualities of Good Water Supply
- It must be odorless
- It must be tasteless
- It must be colorless
- It must be free from pathogens
- It must contain acceptable mineral composition
Uses Of Water
- Bathing for healthy living
- Washing of clothes
- Cleaning and flushing of toilets
- Means of transportation
- Used for transporting activities. E.g. swimming, water poo etc
- List five sources of water supply
- List three qualities of good water
- What are the uses of water?