- Definition of Cultural and Creative Art.
- Components of Cultural and Creative Art.
- Importance of Cultural and Creative Art.
DEFINITION OF CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
This refers to the artswhich represent an outlet of self expressionthat is influenced by culture which in turn helps to modify culture. As such, the artsreflect the physical manifestation of the internal creative impulse of man. This subject emphasizes the cultural and creative aspects of art as both go hand in hand. Suffice to say that to a large extent, cultural art activities like traditional dance, drama and music performed in theatres reflect our culture and tradition in the Nigerian society. Man’s creativity on the other hand is expressed in diverse forms.
COMPONENTS OF CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
They are as follows:
- Music THE PERFORMING ARTS
- Fine arts
- Applied arts
- Media arts
FUNCTIONS OR ROLES OF CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
- It enables pupils and students to discover their inner talents during practical sessions.
- It serves as vocational job for pupils and students during their leisure time.
- It boosts both the mental and physical development of the pupils and students.
- It enables pupils and students to acquire the required skills in any field of art.
- It serves as a medium through which pupils and students can be familiar with their culture and that of others expressed through drama, music, dance and fine art.
- Define cultural and creative art?
- List three components of cultural and creative art.
- State two functions of cultural and creative art.
- Define the term drama.
- List three elements of drama and explain.
- State the three properties of colour and explain.
- Discus how art penetrated the school curriculum.
- Define shading.
Cultural and Creative Art by Peter Akinyemi& Co-Authors (Book 1)
Pages 1 – 13
- Which oneof these is not a component of cultural and creative arts? (a) Dance (b) Fine arts / applied arts (c) Drama (d) Playwright
- The movement of the body in a rhythmical manner to the rhythm of the music is called……………. (a) music (b) dance (c) drama (d) sculpture
- The imitation of an action is best described as …….. (a) music (b) painting (c) drama (d) sculpture
- The following are relevant to fine arts except …… (a) painting (b) drawing (c) drama (d) sculpture
- The branch of applied arts that deals with cloth weaving, dyeingof fabric in tie and dye, batik, screen printing is called …………… (a) woodwork (b) metalwork (c) textile design (d) graphic design.
- Describe media arts.
- State any three components of cultural and creative art.